Wednesday, June 19, 2013

Jeffrey Katz of Wize Commerce - do what I say, not what I do!

In his Corner Office interview in the New York Times, Katz talks about the usefulness of strategy and recruiting:

To me, it’s all about having a thoughtful strategy and recruiting talent, and if you have those two things, you can really make a lot happen as a leader or as a team. You can make almost anything happen. I don’t think it’s a guarantee, but without them, it’s very hard to thrive and be successful, and frankly to enjoy yourself.

I’ve even had examples when I didn’t follow my own advice. I started my own little company, called Travel Game, and tried to make a go of it for 18 months before I shut it down. I had no team. It was all contractors, and really there was no strategy. I just thought, “Let’s throw it out there and see what happens.” And of course it flopped. I thought: “Wow. What if I had followed my own advice?”

No comments:

Post a Comment