Thursday, April 5, 2012

WSJ's Middle Seat columnist Scott McCartney: "Never call home happy" from a business trip

The Wall Street Journal's "Middle Seat" columnist, Scott McCartney, related his own tip in an article entitled, "25 Ways to Make Traveling Easier, Starting with a Single Shoe":

Never call home happy. I learned this the hard way many years ago. Out of town covering a big news event, I called home giddy. I was enjoying a fine meal with a large contingent of reporters. My wife listened quietly while I recounted the excitement of the story and the fun we were having over wine. And then I heard all about the two kids who had been throwing up all day. Big mistake on my part.

There are several travel-related stories on the site - you can find them here.

No comments:

Post a Comment