Friday, July 6, 2007

Incomplete due diligence in a real-estate transaction

Continuing our look at successful entrepreneurs and the mistakes that shaped their careers. This video was part of the Mistake Bank Ning site, and I was reminded of it as we toured the city of Wilkes-Barre, PA, last weekend. My wife was driving, and from time to time she'd point to a building and say, "My dad owned that one."

This story was from the beginning of my father-in-law's real-estate investment career, and to me says a lot about due diligence. I've heard many entrepreneur mistake stories where inadequate due-diligence was at the heart of the issue. On the other hand, diving into a deal without having everything figured out, and then making it work, eventually brought these business owners to another level of success.

So: mistake or bold move? Discuss.


Don McFadden on Due Diligence in a Real Estate Transaction - a Mistake Bank story from John Caddell on Vimeo.

No comments:

Post a Comment