Monday, June 2, 2014

Cynthia Kurtz's "Working With Stories" is out now.... buy it!

Cynthia Kurtz is one of my favorite people and biggest inspirations. Her deep understanding of the wisdom of people's ordinary stories has informed almost everything I've worked on in the past five years, including this site, the book, and 3-Minute Journal.

So I am delighted to at least modestly repay her kindness by encouraging everyone to buy her newly-released magnum opus, "Working with Stories in Your Community Or Organization: Participatory Narrative Inquiry." I just bought my copy. It discusses everything (I mean everything) you need to know about story-gathering, sensemaking and acting on what you find. It's come a long way from the first 90-page PDF doc that I downloaded in 2008. (A dog-eared, heavily annotated copy of which is still in my "Narrative" file.)

No comments:

Post a Comment