6. Step up to excellence not down to mediocrity. Excuses are the path to ease, insignificance, and irrelevance. “How can we be better?”
7. Pick the scab. Dig into issues optimistically and respectfully. The goal is improving next time, not blaming and putting down.
15. Believe improvement is possible.
16. Don’t assume working harder will make things better. What will you do differently, next time?
18. Explain how you’ll do better next time. Be specific. Clarity is the mother of success.
19. Put it to bed.
20. Re-vitalize momentum. Examine what happened with what’s next in mind. Create a win and celebrate.
The lessons show the balancing act we perform when managing failure. Care, but not too much. Be brutally realistic, but don't lose hope. Learn your lessons, but move on.
If it were easy, it wouldn't be that interesting to study, would it?